Today was leg day and it just might be becoming my favourite day! I was able to get new personal bests in my stiff leg deadlift, leg extension, and leg curl. My routine included:
- Smith Machine Squat – 95 x 12, 105 x 12, 115 x 12, 125 x 12
- Stiff Leg Deadlift – 75 x 12, 85 x 12, 95 x 8
- Leg Extension (machine) – 90 x 10 (twice), 70 x 12
- Leg Curl (machine) – 80 x 10 (twice), 90 x 10
- Barbell Standing Calf Raise – 45 x 20 (3 times)
This time I made sure to include a brief warmup and cool down to hopefully minimize DOMS later on. I started with a 1000m erg that took 4:15 and ended with 5 minutes on the ARC trainer and a 5 minute stretch.
Oh, and another one of my coworkers got a gym membership today to join in on the lunchtime workouts. I guess the endorphins are contagious 🙂 Once again I recovered with a vanilla vega protein shake.
My plan is to run hills tomorrow on my lunch break and then depending on how I’m feeling maybe hit up the gym after work for a little arm and ab session. We shall see. I will post more later!